Saturday 12 May 2012

Welcome to my Blog!!

Well to begin with my name is Eva Roberts, I live in a beautiful part of North Wales and I'm currently trying to finish a degree in Applied Art. 


 I don't know quite what I will talk about in this blog but I hope it will be at least a little bit interesting and  you will hopefully get an insight into what i'm all about and where my work is at... Enjoy :) (Oh and I have 2 dogs 2 rabbits and 2 gerbils!! just incase of floods I am starting my collection now!)





This is Conwy...



14/5/12

Well..... How paperwork takes over your life so quickly!! Especially when you  have a to-do list as long as mine! 

Today was a day for enamel tests which were reasonably successful, these also seemed to take an age to get through... Although in the process I learned a few things;
  1. Don't try to be precise 
  2. White enamel doesn't take well to colours being applied on top
  3. You can enamel already fired pieces of clay in an enamel kiln (Handy to know.. if you can form any kind of relationship with ceramics. I have tried and Failed many times and have decided to throw in the towel!!)
My workspace today looked rather industrious! if only it was like this at all times!!




And these are my new enamels!! 

2 comments:

  1. I am very proud to be the first to comment on your blog Evie, it looks like it will be an interesting place to visit, and I will be keeping an eye on your products as you know I am an avid collector already. Much love and luck to you on your new adventure with creating.
    MUM XXX

    ReplyDelete